Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sky Captain and the Unjustness of Tomorrow


This is madness. I loved Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was magnificent retro-fun and the look was stylish and classy. It had giant robots, flying air craft carriers, ray guns, and miniature elephants. What's not to love?

I don't know why it tanked at the box office. I did my part and saw it in the theatre. Sadly it seems to have killed the chances of the Conran brothers in Hollywood, which is a real shame.

They deserve to be there.

And we deserve to see their films, no?

There's more good will out there towards Sky Captain than they might think. Going indie and getting funds via Kickstarter is a possibility. Surely someone would back them if they came up with another project.

Flying air craft carriers are awesome. Aren't they, Avengers?

At any rate, I hope I can one day see more movies by the ubercreative Conran brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment