Sunday, February 26, 2023

Posting old Midjourney renderings to the Backwater Bathurst Blather Blog

Yesterday I was looking through my embarassingly large inventory of Midjourney renderings I have never posted to the @magnum_thrax Instagram account. I shut down my Midjourney subscription in December. 

But I was thinking it would be fun to post those images (and repost the Instagram ones) here as idea prompts. I intend to write little ditties, sparked by 'my' Midjourney renderings that already exist. 

Just for fun. 

Like this image of the elusive arboreal Burble, a post-apocalypse species of mammals in the Pacific Northwest that eats leaves twice, regurgitating the semi-digested leaf globs and downing them again to complete the digestion cycle. They also have a high mutation rate that endows them with malformed ear wings, which are rarely of any practical use but do serve to creep out potential predators. The gross out factor is probably their greatest defence, and according to the Seattle Rangers, while highly nutritious, they taste terrible.

Yeah. 

I'm hoping they will become more inspiring as I go. 

Part of the point of the Instagram account was to visually realize the world of Magnum Thrax, and have the images and the text mutually inspire each other. There was a very specific text from my childhood that influenced me in this, and I'll be posting about it later. 

Stay tuned...

A Burble in a tree regurgitating leaves from the world of Magnum Thrax
The cute but elusive Burble can grow up to thirty pounds and live twenty years (although this rarely happens in the wild)


No comments:

Post a Comment