Saturday, August 18, 2018

Why Magnum Thrax? Why not.

I was going to write about why I wrote Magnum Thrax and the Amusement Park of Doom.

Why, oh why, write an outrageous, incendiary satirical text?

I have answers. But now I have no time to write them out.

It will have to wait.

Future Fossil, the short story I just finished posting, I also wanted to dissect. I had all these ideas for the emotional journey of the characters (It's true! Believe it or not) and yet, they fall short of what I was trying to achieve. The action somehow got out of control and took over, like bacteria overflowing a petri dish.

I parred back, but I don't think i went far enough.

I had an epiphany as to what makes interesting characters, one which will help in building out future stories.

If I ever get the time.

I had been working on a Magnum Thrax sequel, but this has stalled due to other commitments. Ones that involve things like paying for food and rent and superfluous material consumption and all that jazz. I don't know when I'll get back to it, or if anyone cares whether I do or not.

That's not what really matters.

I want to get something out of the journey.

If some things are going to have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment